Tuesday 19 May 2015

Old school scrapping

Trying the old school methods are sometimes fun, when I first started scrapping back in 2005 printing titles and journalling was the base for pretty much all of my pages, these days it's usually a hand written journal block or trying to hide the writing within my layout. So it makes a change to go back to what I consider retro scrapping, title and journalling centre stage together with the photo! I printed the title and journalling onto a sheet of scrapbook paper I'd cut to A4 width, border punched and mounted onto other pink cardstock to make the decorative border pop. Inked the edges. Mounted the photo onto a simple pink photo mount. I then finally used the camera paper clip which I'd found virtually impossible to use until I realised that four simple stitches would adhere the whole thing to contrasting cardstock. A strip of ribbon along the top edge of the paper, linked the other side of the paper and then the left over turned into a 'flag' piece on the camera embellishment. A quick running stitch of pink sewing and all was done. The photo documents my curly hair when I went to a Charity ball recently, my hair is usually straight so the hairdresser putting it through it's paces made me very happy indeed. Don't forget, next time you fancy doing a quick page - maybe try a bit of retro scrapping to get you started. Happy Scrapping - catch ya later - Virginia

2 comments:

  1. What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL layout! (Maybe I'm partial to inking, stitching, lacy borders, and a single photo ;-) ). You hair looked amazing-- good to preserved that special memory :-)

    ReplyDelete