Sunday 10 May 2015

Granny Square





Hello from the obsessive crocheter! When I saw this weeks colour scheme I knew I wanted to create a rose pattern. It's just a simple granny square with a few colour changes. I started with a yellow centre, then two rounds of pink. The fourth round has green corners and black edges. I chose not to carry the colour across as I didn't want to see the green behind the black stitches. I'm not sure I would like to make a whole blanket with this square as there are quite a few ends to sew in and anyone who knows me knows I hate sewing in the ends!! The fifth round is black and then a round of grey double crochet to finish off.
I stitched it to black cotton with a ribbon hanger.
I just love the retro look this square so maybe I'll do a few cushion covers for the garden :-)

Caz xx

1 comment:

  1. Great granny square. I like the way you hung it over the cabinet handle :-)

    ReplyDelete