Thursday 30 July 2015

Cabin fever



The colour palette this week of the pale greens and yellows really resonated with a recent photo taken on a school trip. We were staying in lovely wooden cabins by a beautiful creek and when we arrived the sun was shining (sadly it didn't stay that way for the whole trip) and the spring leaves and the new grass were the most gorgeous colour. This page is a tribute tot he fact not everything has to be new and on trend ... old stash works too. The background cardstock is actually a mottled greeny-beige and is from a pack I bought when I first started scrapping in 2003.. I added two clusters of embellishments, keeping the tones matching those of the photos. I dredged out some very very old Prima leaves and an even older journaling block sticker that I think dates back about 10 years. The corner decorations are from my favourite stamp set that I use on so many of my layouts and cards and I have no idea who made it or where it was from - it's another that dates back years. The two strips of patterned papers are off cuts from free papers from a Scrapbook magazine from about 2007 and the butterflies were from a freebie pack of stickers I won in a competition and as I haven't entered a competition in years and year it makes them old too. As you can see, I believe in making my stash work - no matter how old it might be.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment